Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Music, God's voice to me


I love to sing. Music is my favorite way of expressing feelings and emotions and it always seems to be the way I am most effected during a worship setting. Tonight was no different. Now, I have not always known this about myself. In fact, I am just starting to learn the full extent to which I am effected by music.
I have always loved to sing, and in college, due to some encouraging from friends, I joined a chorale group and loved every minute I was involved. And now I am involved with the worship ministry at Skyline and love every opportunity I get to sing praises.
Now, the real reason for this story...
Wednesday nights can be a toss up on whether I come away refreshed and revived or more tired than when I left home. Tonight I was completely refreshed. I have just finished reading "The Shack" for the second time, so it is all still fresh on my mind. Tonight's songs and thoughts directed me back to the book and made me think about relationships, mainly mine with God. It made me think more on my lack of trust and my fears that cripple my relationship with Him. So, it was an emotional night for me, as well as others in the group. But the songs were the real kicker.
"...it awes and humbles me to be loved by a God so high. What can I do but thank you? What can I do but give my life to you...what can I do but praise you, everyday make everything I do a hallelujah!"
And when you blend some of the best voices this side of heaven, well, let's just say the tears were freely flowing.

Music is how I hear Him

1 comment:

Kendra said...

beautifully said. so glad you are discovering this connection. may it continue to grow and strengthen you.